The Orthodox Union in partnership with Hillel, administers the Heshe and Harriet Seif Jewish Learning Initiative on Campus (JLIC), a program that helps Orthodox students navigate the college environment, and balance their Jewish commitments with their desire to engage the secular world. In addition, JLIC provides avenues for spiritual development and exploration for Jewish students from varied backgrounds; JLIC presents a positive, sophisticated and welcoming face for Orthodox Judaism on campus.
JLIC currently exists on 21 secular college campuses and has been at Brooklyn College since 2002, co-educators Rabbi Reuven and Rebbetzin Shira Boshnack offer:
• Weekly learning during club hours (12:30pm-2pm)
• Daily Mincha/prayer at 1:45pm
• Themed Shabbatons every semester
• Rosh Hodesh events for girls
• Personal, pastoral, and halachic guidance through one-on-one coffee dates or hangouts on campus